In need of Ant Pest Control removal?
Ants are social insects that live in large numbers and can travel long distances in search of food. They are a nuisance around the home and like invading bathrooms, kitchens and outdoor circuits.
Most ants live more or less in permanent nests therefore a thorough survey and inspection of the property is essential.
Ants noticed inside the home in some cases may be nesting outdoors in the yard,in roof insulation, in the sub floor or even the wall cavity.
Where possible the ant trail should be traced to the source.
Workers loaded with food returning to the nest will indicate the approximate or precise location of the colony.
The most common ants are the Bull Ant, Argentine Ant, Black House Ant and the Carpenter Ant. Successful ant removal involves Inspection, Evaluation and Treatment.
ANT PEST CONTROL PREVENTION
How to get rid of ants?
Northside Pest Control uses a range of methods in the control and prevention of ants. These ant pest control removal techniques include:
- Surface sprays: Treating outdoor nesting sites,crack and crevasse treatments of ant paths in wall junctions and expansion joints, along skirting boards, etc.
- Dusts: Insecticidal dusts may be applied directly into nesting sites and are particularly useful for sensitive areas such as electrical switchboards, sub floors and roof voids.
- Baits: Baits are particularly effective in sensitive areas where dusting or spraying is not an option or not allowed. Baiting relies on the transfer of the insecticidal bait back to the nest, where all the individuals including the reproductive queen will consume enough poison to cause death.
The state of hygiene and sanitation in and around the property greatly influences the chance of infestation by scavenging ants.
- Indoors: Keep area clean and free from food particles, crumbs etc. Equipment and utensils should be washes soon after use.
- Outdoors: Pet feeding bowls should be kept clean and other food sources such as bones should be removed.
Northside Pest Control provides safe and environmentally friendly ant pest control solution to your ant problem. Contact us on 0434 044 634 for a FREE quote.